Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP)
Pacific Gas and Electric is implementing a Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP) in accordance with California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Lahontan Region Board Order No. R6V-2012-0013. The SEP consists of design and installation of a new water supply for the Hinkley School, located in Hinkley California.
In order to provide a new water source to the school, PG&E will extend an existing PG&E underground water distribution system to the school. All water system infrastructure will be permitted by the San Bernardino County Department of Environmental Health Services. The SEP requires PG&E to provide this water supply to the school for a period of 20 years or until the Barstow Unified School District chooses to use an alternative water supply.
The existing school water supply system consists of four water supply wells located on the southeast portion of the school property. These four wells convey water to above ground storage tanks, from which water is pumped to a pressure tank, supplying both school irrigation and drinking water distribution piping in parallel. The four supply wells are currently only used for irrigation water and non-drinking water purposes. Bottled water is currently being provided to the school for drinking water.
The school water supply system was originally constructed in the 1950s, when the school was built.
Documents Related to the SEP
- 05/09/2014 – First Quarter 2014 Hinkley SEP Project Progress Report
- 02/10/2014 – Fourth Quarter 2013 Hinkley SEP Report
- 02/10/2014 – January 2014 Chromium Sampling Results for the Domestic Wells at the Hinkley School
- 04/12/13 – Water Board Executive Officer’s Response to Lester White and CAC regarding Supplemental Environmental Project
- 03/05/13 – CAC Letter to Water Board regarding SEP and Hinkley School Future
- 10/31/12 – Pacific Gas and Electric Company Report on the Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP) in accordance with Board Order No. R6V-2012-0013