Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
In late August 2012, the Water Board released a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Hinkley Chromium-6 Groundwater Remediation Project.
There is a public comment period which is presently open until October 19, 2012.
The CAC and IRP Manager are reviewing the large EIR document and will be reporting on our opinions via this website and at Community meetings.
In addition to the full EIR document, which can be downloaded here, the Water Board has prepared various summaries to assist in the review process. They include:
- Lanhontan Water Board Public Information Meeting Presentation, Final Environmental Impact Report for Groundwater Cleanup – June 6, 2013
- Final EIR – May 17, 2013
- Public Notice: Availability of Final Environmental Impact Report and Public Meeting – May 3, 2013
- EIR Executive Summary (32pp) | Spanish Version (52pp)
- Timeline of Remedial Planning Process (1pp)
- EIR Report Schedule (1pp)
- Key Water Resources Impacts and Mitigation Measures, English and Spanish (1pp)
- Public Questionnaire (2pp) | Spanish Version (4pp)
straight-forward questions for you to answer and return to the Water Board
- Draft EIR Fact Sheet (4pp)
- Lahontan Staff Presentation on Draft EIR – 8/29/2012 (15pp)
- Lahontan Staff Presentation on Draft EIR – 9/12/2012 (13pp)
- PG&E Comments for Draft EIR – 11/5/2012 (60pp)
- CAC and IRP Manager Comment on the Draft Hinkley Groundwater Remediation EIR – 11/5/2012 (60pp)
- Water Board Comments Summary and Path Forward: DRAFT Environmental Impact Report (8pp)